Wednesday, April 7, 2010

this god forsaken town's in a mess



Because my time is still not my own and I've yet to do exactly what I came here to do (rant and rave about my favorite music), I implore you to take a few minutes and watch this video of Bobby Long at Bamboozle Left from two weeks ago performing "Penance Fire Blues & In My Time Of Dyin'." My dear friend Abi took the video and there were a couple of times when she and I exchanged looks with our friends Jo and Helena while he was playing, in complete awe of what we were witnessing. I know, I know, how dramatic, but we've had the good fortune of seeing him live a handful of times over the last year and this was by far his most spirited performance to date.

I have much to say about him as an musician and subsequently the scene that surrounds him, but that's for the post to come. Right now, it's really just about this song, this performance. It sold me and I was already a fan. That in itself should say a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment